The global scanning electron microscopes market is expected to reach USD 2.9 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research Inc. Rapidly growing semiconductor industry leads to rising demand of microscopes in procedures such as lithography, coating, failure analysis and element detection. Increasing demand in application areas of semiconductor industry such as miniature transistor chips and quantum dots are further expected to drive market growth over the forecast period.
U.S. scanning electron microscope market, by end-use, 2012-2022, (USD Million)
The rising demand for research in nanotechnology, which essentially requires technologically advanced and high-resolution microscopes along with the presence of favorable government funding in support of R&D innovation are anticipated to propel market growth over the forecast period.
For instance, the National Institute of Health (NIH) is granting a huge amount to the University of California (UC), Berkeley under the initiative termed as BRAIN (President Barak Obama’s Brain Research through Advancing Innovative Neurotechnologies).
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Application of SEM in pharmaceuticals is expected to account for over 30% share by 2022 owing to, the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases leading to increased R&D expenditure and demand for digital microscopes in the fields of life sciences and medicine.
- Application of SEM in automobiles is expected to grow at a lucrative CAGR of over 11.0% over the forecast period. Increasing demand of SEM in surface observation, film thickness analysis and coating analysis is expected to drive demand.
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the market by 2022 at over 35.0%, due to the presence of world class manufacturers for scanning electron microscopes in this region and increasing usage of SEM for elemental analysis and imaging.
- Growing demand for advanced scanning electron microscopes for the range of material research is expected to boost the SEM market in Latin America which is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.6% over the forecast period.
- Furthermore, the presence of favorable funding initiatives by government accelerates R&D in various industries such as pharmaceutical, semiconductor and automobiles.
- Some key players of this market include Bruker Corporation, Danish Micro Engineering (DME), FEI Company, Hitachi High Technologies Corporation, JEOL Ltd., Leica Microsystems, Nanoscience Instruments, Inc., Nikon Corporation, Olympus Corporation, Tescan Orsay Holding and Carl Zeiss.
- The extensively adopted strategic initiative by key players includes substantial investment in R&D of SEMs. According to the U.S. National Nanotechnology Initiative, public investment in nanotechnology grew from zero in 2000 to approximately USD 65 billion in 2011.
- New product launches such as out-lens type thermal-electron gun scanning electron microscope by Hitachi High Technologies Corporation is also likely to serve as a viable sustainability strategy.
Grand View Research has segmented the global scanning electron microscopes market on the basis of end use and region:
Request For Free Sample Copy:
End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Electronics & Semi conductors
- Steel & other metals
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa