Global anisole market is expected to reach USD 54.9 million by 2022, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Rapid industrialization coupled with growing use of these intermediate chemicals for production of various other products such as building polycarbonates, and detergents is expected to promote capacity expansion over the next seven years.
Various factors including rising disposable income coupled with increasing spending on personal care products including perfumes is expected to drive product’s need over the forecast period.
High need from various applications including perfumes on account of its pleasant aromatic odor and pharmaceutical sector owing to its tremendous use as an intermediate chemical will be favorable for global industry expansion.
Rising need for consumer products such as fragrances and flavors on account of changing consumer habits along with better living standards is expected to augment the product demand in emerging economies including India, China, and Brazil. However, raw material availability will challenge growth over the next seven years.
View summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Perfumes dominated the industry with revenue estimated over USD 19.0 million in 2014. Rising disposable income coupled with increasing penetration of players such as P&G and Reckitt Benckiser through new product launches in China and India is expected to promote cosmetics sector. This in turn will have a positive impact on the market over the forecast period. Furthermore, rapid urbanization, higher spending power and growing awareness regarding appearance and grooming in emerging economies is expected to propel perfume sector in the region thereby fuelling growth.
- Pharmaceuticals were the second largest segment and valued over USD 14.0 million in 2014. Prevalence of various companies including Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer and Merck & Co. along with high R&D expenditure in the U.S. and Mexico will propel product expansion.
- Europe was the largest market, estimated over USD 13.0 million in 2014. Growing personal care products sector in Germany, Italy, France and UK is expected to have a positive impact over the forecast period. Introduction of new gender-specific products and technological developments is expected to drive need for personal care products. This in turn will augment demand over the next seven years.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness fastest growth at a CAGR of 4.9% from 2015 to 2022. Growing popularity of various brands including Christian Dior, Chanel and Elizabeth Arden in developing countries is expected to augment demand over the next seven years. In addition, increasing need for men perfumes particularly in India and China is expected to propel industry over the forecast period.
- Global industry is fragmented on account of presence of numerous companies. These invest highly in R&D to introduce innovative products and employ various strategies including M&A and joint ventures to expand their presence. In March 2011, Camlin Fine Chemicals Ltd. signed an acquisition agreement for Borregaard Italy’s anisole facility.
Grand View Research has segmented the global anisole market on the basis of application and region:
Anisole Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
Anisole Regional Outlook (USD Million, 2012 - 2022)