The global Middle East steel utility poles market size is expected to reach USD 5.02 billion by 2022, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc.
Over the last few years, steel has successfully managed to displace wood as the preferred material used in poles due to several reasons such as longevity, sturdiness and ecological balance owing to the reduction in deforestation activities for procuring wood. Steel posts have grown in prominence for electricity transmission & distribution and telecommunication cables.
Steel is preferred for larger, heavier loads and high-voltage lines, where taller posts are necessary in order to ensure high ground clearance and longer life spans. In addition, they can be produced as per the requirements and pre-drilled in anticipation of future services or to enable easy maintenance.
Huge investment in countries across the Middle East on their economic and social infrastructure has driven the utility post market. Developments in power, telecommunication, and transportation are expected to accelerate the demand for utility post. However, regular maintenance activities and increased popularity of composite poles is expected to hinder the industry growth over the forecast period.
View summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Telecommunication lines in combination with electrical transmission & distribution lines occupied close to 75% of the overall volume share, which can be attributed to the increasing telecom consumer base in the region. Lighting-cum-utility poles emerged as the next popular application, making up 15% of the overall posts in the region.
- Saudi Arabia accounted for over 30% of the market share in 2014 and is expected to maintain steady growth throughout the forecast period. Qatar is expected to grow at a significant CAGR of close to 4% from 2015 to 2022, on account of increasing growth of infrastructure and telecommunications industry.
- Rapid urbanization & industrialization in the Middle Eastern countries have boosted the infrastructural growth across the region resulting in increasing demand for such pole installations. In the gulf state of Oman, especially in the vicinity of coastal areas, overhead lines and metal posts are observed to face severe environmental and maintenance problems and hence may challenge the pole market in the region.
- Key companies include Al- Babtain Power & Telecommunication Company, Al-Yamamah Electric Power Towers Factory, Europoles Middle East, GALVANCO, Metro Smart International FZ Company, Technopole Industries, Utility Composite Solutions and Valmont Industries.
- Utility posts are procured by the concerned telecommunication industry and civil authorities through local vendors. Market control is via tender system with majority of municipalities specifying utility poles. Moreover, pole vendors have started offering fiber reinforced composite posts that are expected to replace the existing posts owing to the advantage such as anti corrosive properties and low maintenance.
Download Free Sample:
Grand View Research has segmented the Middle East steel utility poles market on the basis of material, application and region.
Middle East Steel Utility Poles Application Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units, 2012 – 2022)
Middle East Steel Utility Poles Regional Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units, 2012 – 2022)
- Saudi Arabia