Global UV disinfection equipment market is expected to reach USD 6.41 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing health concerns coupled with increasing government initiative to enhance safety measures for consumers is expected to increase product demand product over the next seven years.
Increasing product need in commercial, municipal and residential application is expected to propel demand over the forecast period. In addition, increasing application scope of the product in various industries including food & beverage, oil & gas and other industrial processes is expected to have a positive impact on growth over the projected period.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Water treatment dominated the industry, accounting for over 55% of global volume in 2014. Product efficiency to disinfect water from microorganisms including bacteria, protozoan parasites and viruses is expected to fuel product demand over the forecast period. In addition, increasing occurrence of diseases owning to lack of sanitized and hygienic water is expected to drive and encourage developing nations to adopt UV disinfection equipment for water treatment over the next seven years.
- Air treatment application segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 23.0% from 2015 to 2022. Increasing product use in air treatment to control prevalence of air borne diseases is expected to increase growth for the product. In addition, it does not involve the use of any chemicals; therefore, there are no unwanted by-products left in the environment, which is expected to be key driver for growth.
- North America dominated the UV disinfection equipment industry owning to extensive use in food & beverage, and water & wastewater treatment. In addition, U.S. EPA favor the use of UV disinfection equipment which led to early commercialization in the market.
- Europe accounted for over 30.0% of the global share in 2014 owning to rising awareness among consumers. This has facilitated use of the product for water & wastewater treatment rather than the use of chlorine and various other chemicals. Moreover, innovation for development of novel products in water treatment industries is increasing due to energy reduction and low carbon emissions which are the major opportunities for the industry.
- Key industry participants include Severn Trent Services, Calgon Carbon Corporation, Trojan Technologies, Xylem Inc, Atlantium Technologies, Aquionics, Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation and First Light Technologies Inc.
- In August 2013, Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation launched a new potable area sanitizer ‘Sanidyne’. The product offers germicidal UV disinfection and is used for industrial and commercial applications.
Download Free Sample: