Global aminoglycoside market is expected to reach USD 1.68 billion by 2022 growing at an estimated CAGR of 3.5% from 2015 to 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. This expected growth in demand can be ascribed to the increasing incidences of animal disease outbreaks leading to high utilization of antibiotics.
However, reduction in prescription rate of aminoglycoside antibiotics due to side effects associated with usage of these drugs that include severe ototoxicity, nephrotoxicity, and neuromuscular blockade are expected to affect the market growth negatively. Furthermore, regulatory disapproval for the usage of certain aminoglycoside in regions is also anticipated to attribute for subordinate growth in this industry.
To Get View summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Neomycin and tobramycin together contributed for over USD 600 million as revenue in this market owing to higher usage and prescription of these drugs for treatment of different bacterial infections. Neomycin finds higher usage in topical formulations for treatment of different skin infections.
- Injectables accounted for the largest share of revenue amongst other routes of administration owing to higher usage for treatment of tuberculosis, MDR-TB, and XDR-TB. Use of second line anti tuberculosis drugs such as kanamycin & capreomycin by global organizations is attributive for generation of maximum revenue in this segment.
- Human use for treatment of respiratory disorders accounted for largest share in applications segment owing to rise in global incidence of tuberculosis. Furthermore, other bacterial infections of respiratory tract that can be treated using aminoglycoside class of antibiotics are anticipated to contribute for expected growth in this segment.
- Veterinary treatment is expected to boost industrial growth in the coming years owing to higher incidence of animal diseases outbreaks. However, these drugs have restrictive regulations for administration to food-producing animals as it may lead to toxic effects and resistance development on humans after consumption of animal originated food.
- Asia Pacific was the largest market, accounting for over 40% of revenue in aminoglycoside industry owing to, the presence of market players in this region coupled with higher rate of tuberculosis incidences herein.
- South Africa spearheaded growth in the MEA market. The presence of relatively higher demand and consumption of injectable solutions in this region because of increase in incidence rate of MDR-TB and other drug resistant infections are some regional growth drivers.
- Key participants of the aminoglycoside market include Vega Pharma Ltd., Kremoint Pharma Pvt. Ltd, Xian Wison Biological Technology Co., Ltd., Jiangxi Bolai Pharmacy Co., Ltd., Medson Pharmaceuticals, Hangzhou Uniwise International Co., Ltd., Yi Chang Veterinary Medicine Factory, HuvePharma, and Medico Remedies Pvt. Ltd.
- Market players are involved in the development of products with newer formulations and lesser side effects in order to treat eradicate bacterial infections that are resistant to other class of antibiotics.
Download Free Sample Request:
Grand View Research has segmented aminoglycoside market on the basis of product, route of administration, application, and region:
Aminoglycoside Product Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2012 - 2022 )
Aminoglycoside Outlook, by Route of Administration (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
Aminoglycoside Application Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
UTI & Pelvic Diseases
Aminoglycoside Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
See More Reports About Biotechnology Category: