Health awareness regarding health hazards resulting from chemicals used in disposable diapers is anticipated to hamper the global baby diaper market growth over the forecast period. Technological advances resulting in novel products with superior properties promise ample opportunities for the industry participants. Rapid e-commerce growth particularly in the developing markets is expected to provide abundant penetration opportunities to the industry participants in the near future.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Global baby diaper market was USD 39.97 billion in 2014 and is expected to reach USD 64.62 billion in 2022, growing at an estimated CAGR of 6.2% from 2014 to 2022.
- Disposable diapers dominated the global market with nearly two-thirds of the total revenue in 2014 and are expected to witness a CAGR of 5.4% over the forecast period. Cloth diapers market were the second largest product segment for baby diapers market. Bio-degradable diapers are projected to witness the highest growth rate over the forecast period.
- Pre-fold cloth diapers dominated the cloth diapers market in 2014 and are presumed to witness a CAGR of 10.5% from 2015 to 2022. Other cloth diaper products include flat cloth diapers, fitter cloth diapers, all-in-one cloth diapers and other cloth diapers.
- Disposable diaper market products include ultra absorbent disposable diapers, super absorbent disposable diapers, regular disposable diapers and bio-degradable disposable diapers. Regular disposable diapers are projected to witness a CAGR of 2.2% over the forecast period.
- The industry is characterized by companies taking strong initiatives to enhance product portfolio and increase their production capacity to cater to the growing demand from the developing regions. Key industry participants include P&G, Hengan, Unicharm, Phillips Healthcare, Kimberly Clark, SCA and Associated Hygiene.