U.S. Healthcare Cyber Security Market by End Use, 2012-2022, (USD Million)
- In 2014, North America held the largest market share of more than 41% owing to the presence of sophisticated healthcare infrastructure, and increasing collaboration between pharmaceutical, medical device industries, with regulatory authorities. This can be illustrated using the U.S FDA guidance document on networked medical devices.
- Furthermore, the U.S. is a prime target for cyber crimes due to, the presence of large fortune 500 healthcare organizations, full scale implementation of digital patient records, and use of extensive social security ids for various transactions.
- Asia Pacific is identified as one of the most lucrative regional market, growing at a CAGR of over 8.5% during the forecast period. Rapidly improving healthcare infrastructure and high level economic growth in developing countries such as China, India, and South Korea is expected to boost usage rates over the forecast period.
- Increasing number of internet users in China and India is expected to create a huge user base vulnerable to cyber attacks. According to data published by the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI), the internet user base in India is expected to reach nearly 402 million by December 2015
- Key players operating in the healthcare cyber security market include, Cisco, IBM, MacAfee, Paulo Alto Networks, Symantec, Trend Micro Lockheed Martin, FireEye, Northrop Grumma, Kaspersky etc.