Saudi Arabia distribution Transformer market by product, 2012 – 2022 (USD Million)
- Medium transformers market accounted for over 40% of the overall revenue share in 2014, and the segment is expected to witness significant growth over the next few years. This may be primarily attributed to the low-cost associated with the installation of this product.
- Small transformers segment is estimated to witness growth owing to high demand for stepping voltages down within a distribution circuit of a building or to supply power to equipment.
- On account of unmatched high efficiency and the ability to operate at low power frequencies, large transformers segment is anticipated to exhibit moderate growth over the next seven years. These are also equipped with water-cooled heat exchangers or oil pumps, and cooling fans that are designed to remove heat.
- Liquid filled technology segment accounted for more than 70% of the overall revenue in 2014 which is estimated to increase over the forecast period owing to several benefits offered by this technology type. These include retro-fit application capabilities and high reliability service. Widespread usage of this product type in a wide range of utility, commercial and industrial applications may also fuel product demand over the coming years.
- Saudi Arabia distribution transformers market emerged as the dominant regional segment and accounted for more than 35% of the overall revenue in 2014. Increasing urbanization and government investments in the power sector is anticipated to be the key factor that drives the regional demand.
- Key players in this industry include ABB, Abaft Middle East, Alstom, General Electric, Siemens, Bawan and Alfanar Electrical Systems. The industry is poised to face several challenges owing to frequent update in government norms and regulations coupled with rising raw material prices making value chain analysis significant.