U.S. Fatty Acid Ester Market revenue by product, 2012-2022, (USD Million)
- Global Fatty Acid Ester Market size was 1,141.5 kilo tons in 2014 and is expected to reach 1,563.4 kilo tons by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 4.6% from 2015 to 2022.
- Glycerol monostearate (GMS) was the largest product segment and accounted for 39.3% of total market volume in 2014. High demand for GMS as an emulsifying agent, protective coating agent and food additive in diverse processing and industrial applications has been a major factor for its growth.
- Medium chain triglycerides (MCT) were the fastest growing product with high demand arising from expanding end-use industries in emerging economies such as China & India. The segment is likely to grow at an estimated CAGR of 5.3% in terms of demand.
- Personal care & cosmetics was the leading application segment and accounted for 34.5% of total market volume in 2014. Rising consumer disposable income and growing consumer demand for natural ingredients are expected to remain key factors driving this segment over the forecast period.
- North America was the leading regional market with demand share exceeding 35% in 2014. High consumer disposable income and increasing adoption of MCT in weight loss programs particularly in the U.S. has impacted the regional market.
- Key companies operating in the global Fatty Acid Ester Market include Cargill, DuPont, Estelle Chemicals, P&G Chemicals, Stéarinerie Dubois, The Seydel Companies Inc., Evonik Industries and others such as Faci Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd., Fine Organics and KLK Oleo.