India RF components market by product, 2012 - 2022 (USD Million)
- Power amplifiers segment accounted for over 30% of the overall share in 2014, which is expected to increase over the next few years owing to increasing prevalence of mixed-mode 3G/4G handsets coupled with growing emphasis on LTE concept.
- Antenna switches is estimated to exhibit rapid growth over the coming years, which may be primarily attributed to increasing experimentation with switch architectures particularly in higher end handsets. Growing number of 3G/4G handsets is anticipated to broadly contribute to this rapid growth.
- Consumer electronics segment accounted for more than 60% of the global revenue in 2014, which is estimated to increase over the coming years owing to rising consumer disposable income resulting in increasing adoption of consumer electronic products. Increasing consumer spending for smartphone, tablets and other portable electronic devices may spur demand.
- North America accounted for over 30% of the global revenue in 2014. Increasing demand for better mobility solutions is estimated to drive regional market growth. Asia Pacific RF components market is estimated to exhibit dramatic growth over the coming years attributing to increasing adoption of improved connectivity solutions in the region.
- Key players in this industry include Avago Technologies Ltd., Aixtron SE, NXP Semiconductors, RF Axis, STMicroelectronics, Texas Instruments, Renesas Electronics Corporation, Fujitsu Limited, and Freescale Semiconductor Inc. Industry participants compete on the basis of development of components that offer faster access to mobile data, high performance, cost and flexibility to support the corresponding solution.