- Global respiratory protective equipment market was USD 4,822.4 million in 2014 and is expected to reach USD 8,538.4 million by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 7.5% from 2015 to 2022.
- Air-purifying respirator emerged as a leading product segment and accounted for over 50% of total market revenue in 2014. Growing construction and pharmaceutical industry particularly in Asia Pacific region is anticipated to drive product demand over the forecast period.
- Industrial was the largest end-use segment and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.7% from 2015 to 2022. Growing automotive and metal fabrication industries in emerging economies such as India, China, and Brazil is anticipated to raise product demand over the forecast period.
- North America emerged as the leading regional market with demand share exceeding 35% in 2014. Stringent occupational health & safety norms coupled with growing oil & gas, chemicals and manufacturing industry particularly in the U.S. and Canada is expected to drive the regional growth.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth of 8.2% from 2015 to 2022. High growth in the region may be attributed to rapid industrialization in economies such as India, Vietnam, China, Thailand, and Malaysia.
- Key players operating in global industry include Delta Plus, 3M Co., Bulwark Protective Apparel Uvex Safety Group, DuPont, Alpha Pro Tech, MSA Safety, Ansell Ltd. and Kimberley-Clark.
Sunday, 24 January 2016
Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE) Market Share, Size And Forecasts To 2022
The global respiratory protective equipment market is expected to reach USD 8.53 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising awareness towards employee health & safety along with increasing respiratory diseases is anticipated to drive industry growth over the forecast period.
Established safety standards by regulatory agencies including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) particularly in Europe and North America have also contributed towards industry growth. Stringent regulations for threshold levels have been set by Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) for employees in healthcare sectors worldwide.
U.S. respiratory protective equipment market revenue estimates and forecast, by product, 2012-2022 (USD Million)
Supplied air respirator is expected to be the fastest growing product segment, at an estimated CAGR of 8.1% from 2015 to 2022. Supplied air respirator is worn when negative pressure and powered air-purifying respirators do not provide adequate protection.
Self contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) accounted for over 40% of the total revenue share of the supplied air respirators and is expected to witness the fastest growth over the next seven years owing to increasing penetration in chemical/petrochemical, mining and sub-sea oil & gas industries.
For More Details At:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
Free Sample Request: