Asia Pacific Electronic Display Market Revenue by Technology, 2012-2022, (USD Billion)
- OLED technology segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 15% over the forecast period. OLED displays offer benefits such as high resolution and ultra-high clarity to enhance the value proposition for consumers. These factors have led to increased adoption of AMOLED displays in smartphones. In addition, several OLED makers including BOE display and CSoT in China are heading towards increasing OLED TV production, which is expected to fuel its growth over the future.
- Consumer electronics application contributed to over 50% the overall global revenue shares in 2014. Increasing penetration of consumer electronics is expected to witness healthy growth in Asia Pacific. Proliferation of m-commerce and gaming are anticipated to contribute towards smartphone and tablet growth, which in turn drive the electronic display demand over the next few years. Increasing demand for LED and OLED TVs is also expected to propel the industry growth.
- Retail industry in end-use segment is expected to witness a CAGR of 12.3% over the forecast period. Retailers across the U.S. and Europe are widely adopting digital signage solutions for effective customer targeting. Combined with customer smartphone apps and in-store discounting, digital signage provides significant advantage to the retailers in terms of capturing customer attention and marketing strategy.
- Asia Pacific regional market is expected to grow at a CAGR of close to 15% over the forecast period. Major manufacturers in the industry are based in countries from the Asia Pacific region, such as Taiwan and China, owing to cheap labor and higher production capacities. This has led to an increased adoption if electronic displays in the region.
- Key industry participants include AU Optronics Corp., Cambridge Display Technology Ltd., LG Display Co., Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Sony Corp., and Toshiba Corp.