U.S. DNA testing market, by application, 2012-2022 (USD Million)
- PCR based diagnosis accounted for the largest share of the market revenue in 2014 as a result of higher preference rate coupled with higher availability of products and reagent kits of this segment.
- Next generation sequencing application for DNA testing is estimated to witness significant progress with a double digit CAGR of over 16% amongst the other technology segments due to presence of significant advantages offered by this technique of DNA identification and testing.
- Infectious disease diagnostics accounted for the largest market share in 2014 due to higher incidence rate of various infectious disorders which subsequently raises the demand for in-vitro nucleic acid based diagnostic tests for diagnosis and monitoring of disease progression.
- There are diverse applications of DNA testing market out of which oncology diagnostics and histopathology is estimated to register lucrative growth over the forecast period. Factors attributing for considerable growth potential in this segment include identification of cancer causing genes & associated research, and facilitation in mutation detection
- North America dominated the market in 2014, with revenue estimated at over USD 2,600 million. Presence of sophisticated healthcare infrastructure, rising incidence of genetic abnormalities, favorable government initiatives with respect to genetic diagnosis and its application in in-vitro fertilization are major factors driving growth of this region.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness lucrative growth as a result of developments in health care infrastructure in this region coupled with presence of significant number of target population that is suffering with chronic as well as acute disorders. Government initiatives taken up herein are also attributive to influence sector growth to a great extent.
- Key participants of DNA testing industry include Abbott Laboratories, Agilent Technologies Inc., Illumina Inc., Beckman Coulter Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Applied Biosystems Group, Cepheid Inc., Transgenomic Inc., Siemens Healthcare, Roche Diagnostics, Qiagen, Illumina, GE Healthcare, Alere Inc, Affymetrix Inc., Hologic, Dako, and 454 Life Sciences.