U.S. personal protective equipment market revenue estimates and forecast, by product, 2014 - 2024 (USD Million)
- The global personal protective equipment demand was valued at USD 38.38 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach USD 68.69 billion by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 6.7% from 2016 to 2024
- Respiratory protection market was worth USD 5.10 billion in 2015 and is anticipated to witness notable growth over the next eight years on account of increasing requirement in mining, fire services, and emergency response, military & law enforcement, and healthcare.
- Chemical defending garments were the leading protective clothing segment in 2015. Stringent regulations coupled with growing chemicals and petrochemicals industries particularly in North America and the Middle East have contributed significantly towards the product commercialization.
- Manufacturing was the leading end-use segment and accounted for over 20% of total market revenue in 2015. Transportation is expected to witness the highest growth of 7.1% from 2016 to 2024. Increasing automobile production in Asia Pacific is expected to drive this segment.
- Europe was the major PPE consumer and accounted for 33.8% of global revenue in 2015 owing to stringent safety regulations coupled with significant demand in oil & gas, transportation and service industries. Asia Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth of 7.5% over the forecast period.
- Key companies operating in the global personal protective equipment industry include Ansell Ltd, 3M Company, Honeywell, Alpha Pro Tech Limited, Avon Rubber PLC, COFRA Srl, Oftenrich Holdings Company Ltd., Uvex Safety Group, and Rock Fall Limited.