North America surgical robot market share, by product, 2014 - 2024
- Robot systems held a lucrative share of around 42.0% in the product segment. Robot systems were followed by accessories and are also anticipated to witness a substantial growth owing to their frequent repurchase.
- On the other hand, services are anticipated to grow at a lucrative rate of around 20.0% over the forecast period. Periodic maintenance of the existing robotic systems is mandatory; hence, this segment is anticipated to witness a substantial growth.
- The da Vinci Surgical System by Intuitive Surgical, Inc. dominated this industry in 2015. This system is the first U.S.FDA approved system; hence, retains the first mover advantage.
- ROSA surgical system by Medtech is anticipated to witness a lucrative growth over the forecast period. These systems are intended for the brain and spinal cord surgeries. Recent approval for ROSA systems as well as expansion in European and North American Region by Medtech is anticipated to support the growth of this system.
- Gynecology held significant share of around 30.0% in application segment followed by general surgery segment which is anticipated to witness remunerative share over the forecast period. Rising prevalence of colorectal cancer further contributed towards the growth of this segment.
- North America is the dominating market with lucrative shares of around 60.0% in 2015. However, Asia Pacific is projected to witness sturdy growth over the forecast period with the fastest growth rate. Healthcare advancements as well economic developments with the aid of government is anticipated to support the growth.
- The key players operating in this industry include Intuitive Surgical, Inc., Accuray, MAKO /Stryker, Medtech Surgical, Hansen Medical, TransEntrix, Titan Medical, Inc., and Renishaw Plc.
- New product launches and collaborative developments are key strategic initiatives undertaken by market players to sustain the competition
- For instance, in July 2015, Accuray and Raysearch Laboratories AB formed a strategic collaboration. Accuray will co-market and offer Raycare Oncology Information System (OIS) in designated major radiation markets