North America anesthesia and respiratory devices market, by product, 2012-2022 (USD Million)
- Anesthesia delivery machine is the most lucrative sub-segment of the market and is expected to grow at an annual growth of over 8.5% during the forecast period. These devices are being used in all the surgeries and helps in monitoring anesthesia levels throughout the procedure.
- Respiratory equipment accounted for a market share of over 54.0% in 2013. The rise in demand for positive airway pressure devices and pulse oximeters are high impact rendering drivers for this segment
- North America accounted for more than 35% of the market in 2013 on account of the high demand for technologically advanced products in all fields. Presence of relatively higher disposable income along with high awareness level of the population regarding their health, food, and environment has led to overall anesthesia and respiratory devices market growth.
- Asia Pacific has high future market growth potential accounted for by the presence of large unmet needs in the emerging economies such as China and India. Presence of suitable government initiatives to curb the deteriorating environmental conditions and enhancing healthcare infrastructure in Japan and Australia is also expected to attribute to the market’s attractiveness.
- Key players of this market include GE Healthcare, Teleflex Inc., Draegerwerk AG, Getinge Group, Smith Medicals, OSI Systems, Mindray, Covidien, Philips Healthcare, Teleflex, Invacare, ResMed, Masimo, Fisher and Paykel, and Smiths Medical.