North America wound dressing market, by product, 2012-2022 (USD Million)
- Advanced wound products, which encompass moist, antimicrobial, and active products dominated the overall industry at over 56.1% of revenue share. This can be attributed to their high usage due to improved efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Moist dressings was the largest advanced wound product segment in 2014 owing to the associated benefits such as creating & maintenance of wet environment around the injury, which assists in healing
- On the other hand, the antimicrobial product segment, which consists silver and non-silver based products, is expected to exhibit fastest growth over the forecast period due to their benefits, which include easy usage and wide availability
- North America dominated the overall wound dressings market in terms of revenue in 2014 at almost 35.1% majorly due to high awareness amongst people about personal hygiene coupled with high geriatric population base
- The Asia Pacific wound dressings market is expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period as a consequence of high unmet needs in this region coupled with improving healthcare infrastructure as a result of government initiatives
- Key players of the wound dressings market include 3M Healthcare, ColoPlast, Medline Industries, HARTMANN, BSN Medical, Medtronic Plc, Smith & Nephew, ConvaTec, Derma Sciences, and Systagenix
- Mergers & acquisitions and new product development are two key sustainability strategies adopted by these players